The Russian customs authorities have recently started challenging royalty/license fee agreements of number of companies.
In order to avoid tax evasion and fraud, the Portuguese Tax Authorities (PTA) have defined the rules and requisites that billing systems must fulfil to ensure the non-violation of billing data once it is registered. As a consequence, only billing systems that fulfil the requirements defined in the Law and certified by the PTA can be used.
We are looking for an experienced VAT and indirect tax Director to lead JE VAT Team
Some of the key areas of focus for this Indirect Tax Senior Manager/ Director role will include:
- Lead VAT projects relating to changes in VAT EU or national legislation, changes in JE business structure and make sure the group remains compliant with the VAT rules
- Project work, including tax restructuring and optimisation, cross border transactions, supply chain management, process consulting (e.g. VAT in ERP reviews / implementations) and data analytics etc.
- Lead a team of 4 people in charge of pan-European VAT advisory, i.e. monitoring changes, make sure they are properly implemented
- Assist JE companies in the implementation of new ERP and make sure VAT settings will be correct.
- Advise business units on VAT rules and on the best ways to structure and conclude deals with customers and suppliers
- Provide high level VAT technical training and guidelines to the members of the VAT Team.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc VAT training to other business units like accounting (AP, AR), logistics, sales force, and so on.
- Liaise with external tax advisors and VAT representative in several European countries about VAT/customs related questions
- Assistance in VAT audits and monitoring the answers provided to questions issued by the tax authorities
- Review VAT related processes and look for potential risk factors, improvement/ standardization opportunities on European level.
- Supervise JE companies efforts to comply with the increasing digitalisation of the VAT returns requested by tax authorities
- Be the main contact person for VAT queries (Tax department, internal & external audit, fiscal representatives, etc.)
- Developing technical positions on key tax developments
- Prepare the yearly budget for the VAT team
EU Council reached a provisional political agreement with the European Parliament’s negotiating team on the proposed public CbCR Directive this week.
Further details will be shared in the coming days but for now, please find the link of the press release from the EU Council.
Image source: http://unsplash.com
It’s time again for the biennial edition of the PwC VAT Conference. This year we are meeting virtually on two mornings. The conference will be focusing on the recent and upcoming changes in the sphere of VAT.
Covid lockdown brought us shopping over internet only, extensive growth number of retail eshops for various kind of product and services. The share of e-shops in retail sales is currently 13,5%. Customers expectations of quality and speed of deliveries are increasing, the complexity of the logistic, order fulfilment etc is becoming more and more demanding.
The company internally created e-shop becomes a complicated project and needs to be managed well. Outsourcing can be a valuable solution.Read More »
Since the foundation of Sonova (formerly Phonak) in 1947, the company has been successful in its mission to become the recognized innovation leader in the global hearing care market.
Currently present in over 100 countries, Sonova has a workforce of 14’000 employees and generated sales of CHF 2’92 billion in the financial year 2019/20 and a net profit of CHF 490 million. Sonova is listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SOON) and has its global headquarter in Stäfa, Switzerland.Read More »
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
Working as a core member of our Group Finance team, you will manage and support the digitization of our tax reporting, e-invoicing and e-accounting systems. Partnering with our local and corporate IT and Finance teams, you will lead digital taxation projects across SGS’s European affiliates.Read More »
My grandparents lived with the same furniture all their lives. Almost all the pieces were made of wood and they could certainly be used for a few more decades, but nobody wanted them. After they died, we all had to dispose of the old furniture.
Meine Grosseltern haben ein Leben lang mit den gleichen Möbeln gelebt. Fast alle Stücke waren aus Holz und man konnte sie sicher noch ein paar Jahrzehnte gebrauchen, aber niemand wollte sie. Nach ihrem Tod mussten wir alle die alten Möbel entsorgen.