Dates: 20 April 2021 | 4 May 2021 | 18 May 2021 | 1 June 2021
About the course
You have a sound understanding of VAT and are looking for a practical way to learn and understand the specific details of Swiss VAT and how it differs from the EU VAT system. You want to identify the opportunities you have to improve your overall Swiss VAT position.
What topics are covered?
- What creates a VAT liability in Switzerland?
- Place of supply rules and goods vs services
- Importing goods into Switzerland
- VAT reporting methods and tax point
- VAT exemptions and option to tax
- Input VAT deduction rules and methods
- VAT in real estate
- Notification procedure / TOGC
- Special VAT schemes
- VAT controls and legal proceedings
How is the course set up?
- The course is held in English.
- The course consists of four online lessons of 90 minutes each. The sessions are interactive and recorded, so if you miss one, you can always watch it later.
- For each lesson you will receive a list of recommended pre-reading material (please note that the pre-reading material is in general only available in German, French or Italian, so you if you are not fluent in any of these languages, you may need to use a translation aid).
- If you choose the full study option, after each lesson you will receive a number of written test questions for you to answer until the next lesson. Your answers will be checked and rated and you will receive the correct answers to all test questions to maximise your learning.
- After the course, you will receive written letter of attendance. If you have chosen the basic option, we will issue a confirmation that you have attended the course. If you have chosen the full study option and have got an average of 66% or more of the written questions right, we will issue a certificate confirming successful completion of the course and your proficiency in Swiss VAT.
- Tuesday, 20 April 2021, 9.00am to 10.30am
- Tuesday, 4 May 2021, 9.00am to 10.30am
- Tuesday, 18 May 2021, 9.00am to 10.30am
- Tuesday, 1 June 2021, 9.00am to 10.30am
There are two options available:
- Basic option (list of pre-reading material and four online sessions, including access to recordings of the sessions): CHF 880 (incl. VAT) with a confirmation of attendance
- Full study option (basic option plus written test questions after each lesson, incl. corrections and full solutions to questions): CHF 1,420 (incl. VAT) with a certificate of successful completion of course if 66% or more of questions are answered correctly.
The course will be led and presented by Tobias Meier Kern, Director Indirect Taxes at PwC Zurich.
Tobias has more than 20 years of experience in advising clients on Swiss and international VAT and has been teaching on VAT-related matters for more than 15 years.
In the case of cancellation up to 10 working days before the event, the participant will receive a full refund of the participation fee, for a cancellation up to 5 full working days before the event PwC will charge 50%. In the event of later cancellation the full amount will be charged.
You can, of course, register a replacement participant at any time.
Please find the registration link and more information here.
Image source: http://unsplash.com
One thought on “PwC Webinar: Intensive course on Swiss VAT for foreign VAT professionals”
Will there be any VAT courses this year as I am really keen to learn