Markem-Imaje is a trusted global manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions. Our connected solutions help manufacturers reduce waste, increase efficiency, achieve compliance, and protect their brand. We offer the most complete range of market-leading marking and coding systems along with software, services, and consumable solutions so all printing needs can be streamlined from one supplier.
We are looking for an experienced VAT and indirect tax Director to lead JE VAT Team
Some of the key areas of focus for this Indirect Tax Senior Manager/ Director role will include:
- Lead VAT projects relating to changes in VAT EU or national legislation, changes in JE business structure and make sure the group remains compliant with the VAT rules
- Project work, including tax restructuring and optimisation, cross border transactions, supply chain management, process consulting (e.g. VAT in ERP reviews / implementations) and data analytics etc.
- Lead a team of 4 people in charge of pan-European VAT advisory, i.e. monitoring changes, make sure they are properly implemented
- Assist JE companies in the implementation of new ERP and make sure VAT settings will be correct.
- Advise business units on VAT rules and on the best ways to structure and conclude deals with customers and suppliers
- Provide high level VAT technical training and guidelines to the members of the VAT Team.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc VAT training to other business units like accounting (AP, AR), logistics, sales force, and so on.
- Liaise with external tax advisors and VAT representative in several European countries about VAT/customs related questions
- Assistance in VAT audits and monitoring the answers provided to questions issued by the tax authorities
- Review VAT related processes and look for potential risk factors, improvement/ standardization opportunities on European level.
- Supervise JE companies efforts to comply with the increasing digitalisation of the VAT returns requested by tax authorities
- Be the main contact person for VAT queries (Tax department, internal & external audit, fiscal representatives, etc.)
- Developing technical positions on key tax developments
- Prepare the yearly budget for the VAT team
The Indian Finance Minister presented Budget 2021 resting on 6 pillars with focus on providing impetus to Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Financial Sector and generation of Employment. On the tax proposals, the proposals convey a holistic approach to accelerate India’s revival and growth. Please find below summarised points of interest:
Many territories are introducing low value goods rules which, depending on whether the seller is an underlying supplier, an electronic marketplace, a re-deliverer, or a combination of these will impact businesses selling goods cross borders.
I hope that despite the corona crisis, things are going well for you and your loved ones. I am posting this message to invite you to our webcast series Indirect Tax Technology: The Power of Digitalisation
Recently, the National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) held a multiplex owner guilty of profiteering under section 171 of the Central Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017 (CGST Act). The NAA has upheld the allegations of the Directorate General of Anti-profiteering (DGAP) that post reduction in the rate of GST from 28% to 18%, the taxpayer had increased the base price while maintaining the same selling price for the services rendered.
Please click here to read the full News Alert.Read More »
This Indirect Tax Guidance of 21 Countries in the Americas shows the new updates and reforms from the following countries:
I would like to invite you to our next webinar “PwC webinar – “Sourcing and manufacturing without side effects!” which will be held on 31 March 2020 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm and on 1 April 2020 from 9.00 am to 10.00 am.
In the Middle East a number of countries have announced financial and fiscal measures (budget spend reductions announced in Bahrain and KSA and fiscal stimulus policies in UAE and Qatar). In addition, please see below some tax measures introduced:
As part of the Government of India’s (GoI) efforts to promote manufacturing and other operations in India, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has revamped the scheme for manufacturing and processing in a bonded facility. The revised initiative underscores the GoI’s ongoing commitment to improve India’s ranking on the Ease of Doing Business index.