Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world?
If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay’s Indirect Tax team are looking for a Manager, Indirect Taxes to join our team in the UK, Germany or Switzerland. The role can be based in our London, Dreilinden Berlin or Bern offices, but remote working in country is also possible. The Manager, Indirect Taxes, will be responsible for and participate in global indirect tax projects, as well as the day-to-day work of a dynamic and exciting tax team. This position will be part of the Indirect tax team and will report to the Senior Manager, Indirect Taxes.
The Manager, Indirect Taxes will:
- Manage various indirect tax aspects of our EMEA business focused on EU and UK
- Review VAT declarations for EMEA countries
- Support and coordinate VAT audits
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions, and external tax advisors
- Deliver timely and accurate indirect tax advice to business units
- Advise on intercompany relationships and transactions
- Manage the indirect tax aspects of new country expansion
- Implement, review and optimize SAP processes dealing with indirect taxes and reporting
- Manage and participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax automation
- Liaise with finance / shared services in respect of issues identified during indirect tax compliance processes (e.g. incorrect invoice postings)
- Assist with developing training material to be deployed to key functions within the business
- Familiarity with the indirect taxation trends of the digital economy
- In depth knowledge of Indirect Tax in the EU and UK
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Capable to working independently while acting as part of a global tax team
- Working experience in multinational environments
- Confidence, poise and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of management and tax authorities
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations
- Demonstrated passion and track record of delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment
- Strong client focus; good listening, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Ability to focus on details and accuracy
- Strong issue identification and mitigation skills
- Continuous process improvement skills essential
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (approx. 20%)
- Currently holds a similar position or is an Indirect Tax Manager in-house or at a consulting firm
- 6+ years of indirect tax experience in the EU or UK
- Fluent in English – other languages helpful
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Tax, Legal, or Accounting; advanced degree is helpful
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
image source: http://unsplash.com