We are looking for an experienced VAT and indirect tax Director to lead JE VAT Team
Some of the key areas of focus for this Indirect Tax Senior Manager/ Director role will include:
- Lead VAT projects relating to changes in VAT EU or national legislation, changes in JE business structure and make sure the group remains compliant with the VAT rules
- Project work, including tax restructuring and optimisation, cross border transactions, supply chain management, process consulting (e.g. VAT in ERP reviews / implementations) and data analytics etc.
- Lead a team of 4 people in charge of pan-European VAT advisory, i.e. monitoring changes, make sure they are properly implemented
- Assist JE companies in the implementation of new ERP and make sure VAT settings will be correct.
- Advise business units on VAT rules and on the best ways to structure and conclude deals with customers and suppliers
- Provide high level VAT technical training and guidelines to the members of the VAT Team.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc VAT training to other business units like accounting (AP, AR), logistics, sales force, and so on.
- Liaise with external tax advisors and VAT representative in several European countries about VAT/customs related questions
- Assistance in VAT audits and monitoring the answers provided to questions issued by the tax authorities
- Review VAT related processes and look for potential risk factors, improvement/ standardization opportunities on European level.
- Supervise JE companies efforts to comply with the increasing digitalisation of the VAT returns requested by tax authorities
- Be the main contact person for VAT queries (Tax department, internal & external audit, fiscal representatives, etc.)
- Developing technical positions on key tax developments
- Prepare the yearly budget for the VAT team
To be considered for this Indirect Tax Senior Manager/ Director role then it is likely that you will have:
- A degree in Law and/or Economics in addition to a formal Tax qualification.
- High level of technical knowledge across all areas of International VAT with preferably some (basic) knowledge of Customs rules.
- A background as in-house VAT professional and/or work experience in a Big 4 Advisory firm.
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience required.
- Strong organisation and coordination skills;
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead a team of professionals and to keep them motivated
- Hands-on person
- Excellent computer expertise, experience in working with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Movex), Microsoft office suite, etc.
- Strong team player, excellent intercultural skills with the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus.
What we offer:
An exciting and very dynamic work environment in a truly international work context.