Markem-Imaje is a trusted global manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions. Our connected solutions help manufacturers reduce waste, increase efficiency, achieve compliance, and protect their brand. We offer the most complete range of market-leading marking and coding systems along with software, services, and consumable solutions so all printing needs can be streamlined from one supplier.
Markem-Imaje is looking for a Global Process Owner, Indirect Tax, preferably with experience in an international company. In this role you will contribute to Markem-Imaje’s Profitability, Innovation and Growth through ownership of the Global Indirect Tax compliance processes. The role is based in M-I’s Barcelona Center of Competence, although other locations may be considered.
As the Global Indirect Tax Process Owner, you will:
- Be responsible to plan, manage and deliver all business processes that allow M-I to meet its Indirect Tax compliance requirements around the world.
- Have overall responsibility for all indirect tax compliance processes, in support of the global Controlling and FP&A teams
- Identify ways to improve the indirect tax compliance processes on a continual basis utilizing best practices
- Lead projects to reinforce and streamline the indirect tax compliance processes
- Monitor, assess and report on the performance of the indirect tax processes
- Train the Controlling and FP&A teams on Indirect Tax processes & controls and assist them in troubleshooting & decision making
- Enjoy working in a diverse multinational group with complex supply chain flows while building strong relationships with cross-functional teams across the world
What you need to have:
- A passion for Indirect Taxes gained through previous successful experience in the field
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic priorities, take initiative to develop alignment with key stakeholders and secure resources and drive projects efficiently through implementation
- Commitment to continual process improvement
- Deep knowledge of SAP and relevant compliance systems
- Strong project management skills
- A genuine interest in business and working in a complex supply-chain-driven company
- About 10 years of relevant experience
- Appropriate technical credentials
- Fluency in English – other languages are an advantage
- Self-confidence and team-play spirit
- The ability to work comfortably and effectively on a remote basis in a multi-cultural and fast- paced environment
You’ll only be the right candidate if you are aligned to our values and culture:
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Winning through customers
- High ethical standards, openness and trust
- Expectations for results
- Respect and value for people
If you believe you match our values and have the experience we’re looking for, then apply! We can’t wait to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and genetic information.
Find more information about the company and their hiring process on their webpage.
Please address your CV to Mark Gyorog, firstname.lastname@example.org.