For our Global Tax Function in Basel, Switzerland, we have an open position for a dynamic Senior Tax Manager, focusing on M&A tax and Swiss tax. We are looking for a tax professional eager to develop and take responsibilities in a fast moving company.
What is it all about?
As Senior Manager (M&A tax / Swiss tax), you will be working closely with the Group Head of Tax and members of the global tax team on group-wide initiatives. A key focus will be on M&A projects, where you will be driving the tax workstream. You will also be responsible for managing all Swiss tax matters arising within the Lonza Group. Moreover, you will contribute to enhancing and monitoring the Group’s tax processes and controls.
- Drive tax workstreams for all M&A activities from start to finish (blueprint, implementation, post-acquisition integration)
- Responsible for all Swiss tax matters (e.g. advice to the business on Swiss tax issues, negotiation with tax authorities, tax compliance)
- Support the Head of Tax on global / cross regional tax projects as well as strategic initiatives
- Maintain the tax governance framework and improve tax processes, together with the Head of Tax
- Prompt tax technology initiatives (i.e. evaluate available technologies, prepare selection criteria and recommendations, manage implementation)
- Master’s degree in Tax, Law or Finance
- 8+ years of experience in a leading accounting firm and / or in inhouse tax positions
- Very good transaction and international tax expertise
- In-depth Swiss tax proficiency; preferably qualification as Swiss certified tax expert
- IFRS tax accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to think and act strategically whilst being able to execute on operational deliverables
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and carry out new and complex tasks
- Proactive attitude
- Fluent in German and English
What we offer?
Here at Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, and offer an environment that fosters creativity and success, where you can develop your skills and knowledge by working in teams of highly adept and collaborative experts in a rewarding and dynamic atmosphere.
With headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America and Asia.
Find out more and apply here >
Image source: unsplash.com