For our Global Tax Function in Basel, Switzerland, we have an open position for a dynamic Indirect Tax Director. We are seeking an experienced tax professional eager to take global responsibilities for indirect tax in a fast moving company.
What is it all about?
As Lonza’s Indirect Tax Director, you will be responsible for all indirect tax matters within the Lonza Group along with a small team of indirect tax experts. Your responsibilities will encompass defining and executing strategic priorities while overseeing compliance processes (around 50 registrations). Furthermore, you will be managing risks as well as pursuing opportunities and process efficiencies (incl. automation). Acting as a business partner, you will advise numerous internal stakeholders (e.g. Business Service Operations, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, IT) on indirect tax matters.
- Lead the transformation and automation of the global indirect tax function within Lonza
- Define indirect tax strategic priorities and operational needs together with key stakeholders and align the target operating model
- Monitor and improve VAT filing processes (VAT returns, Intrastat reports, ECSL) in SSCs
- Optimize cash flow and balance sheet positions
- Advise internal stakeholders on indirect tax matters
- Manage major indirect tax risks and oversee/lead indirect tax audits
- Keep an eye on legislative changes on a global level and ensure global updates of ERP systems, manuals, policies etc.
- Build awareness in the organization regarding indirect tax, e.g. by providing trainings to relevant stakeholders and establishing and enhancing processes
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Master’s degree in Tax, Law or Finance
- 10+ years of experience in a leading accounting firm and / or in inhouse tax positions
- Strong indirect tax expertise (excellence in EU VAT, good understanding of indirect tax in APAC and sales and use tax in the US; Swiss VAT expertise is a plus)
- Experience with implementing indirect tax solutions within an SAP environment
- Good understanding of IT systems and ability to work with IT analysts and project managers
- Knowledge of tax compliance and reporting software solutions (e.g. OneSource, Vertex)
- Accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to think and act strategically while being able to execute on operational deliverables
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and carry out new and complex tasks
- Proactive attitude
- Fluency in English; German is a plus
What we offer?
Here at Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, and offer an environment that fosters creativity and success, where you can develop your skills and knowledge by working in teams of highly adept and collaborative experts in a rewarding and dynamic atmosphere.
With headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America and Asia.
Find out more and apply here >
Image source: unsplash.com