Please find below new tax measures adopted by RDL 15/2020 within the frame of the COVID-19 crisis, in force as of 23 April:
Please find below new tax measures adopted by RDL 15/2020 within the frame of the COVID-19 crisis, in force as of 23 April, as well as some other not yet posted in GVO:
- RDL 15/2020, in force as of 23 April 2020:
1) Temporary (up to next 31 July 2020) zero VAT rate applicable to sanitary products in connection with the intra-EU acquisition, importation and domestic supply of sanitary products used to fight COVID-19 to Public Entities, Hospitals, Clinics and NPOs that complements the previous exemption already applicable to customs duties and import VAT upon the importation of said good for the purpose of donation to Public Entities and NPOs.
2) Super-reduced 4% VAT rate applicable to e-books, newspapers and magazines supplied electronically.
3) New extension of the deadlines initially extended up to 30 April and 20 May 2020. All references to these extended deadlines made in the RDL 8/2020 of 17 March and RDL 11/2012 of 31 March will now be understood as extended until next 30 May (please, see our 18 March update for prior 30 April and 20 May deadlines now extended up to next 30 May).
- Not yet posted in GVO:
1) RDL 11/2020 published on 1 April, has introduced the possibility to apply for the deferral of tax debts resulting from Customs Import Declarations submitted up to next 30 May, exceeding 100 Eur. but not exceeding 30,000 Eur. and only for SMEs not exceeding 6 Mio Eur turnover during 2019. The deferral will be applied for in the same Customs Declaration and will be granted and notified by the Authorities in accordance with EU customs proceedings applicable to the notification of the customs liability.
Such deferral will not be applicable to the VAT element in those cases where taxpayers are already declaring import VAT through their monthly VAT returns (import VAT deferral scheme).
Deferrals will be granted for 6 months as from the end of the term for customs duties and import VAT payment. No delay interest will be accrued during the first 3 months.
the guarantee submitted for the removal of the goods will be valid for the purpose of the above mentioned deferral.
In case of any questions please contact Alfonso Viejo, firstname.lastname@example.org.