eBay is looking for support, please see below:
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Indirect Tax Manager (f/m/d) to be based in our eBay offices in either Bern, Switzerland or Berlin, Germany.
You will report to the Director of Indirect Taxes located in Switzerland. The European indirect tax team primarily covers indirect tax matters in Europe, Middle East, and Africa and also participates in projects in other regions around the world.
As Senior Indirect Tax Manager you will:
- Deliver timely and accurate indirect tax advice to business units
- Structure inter-company indirect tax relevant relationships and transactions
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business units and the direct tax function
- Review and approve VAT declarations with special focus on Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) and other Electronically Supplied Services (ESS) declarations
- Implement, review and optimize SAP processes dealing with VAT records and reporting
- Lead and participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax automation
- Handle tax audits and inquiries from tax authorities
- Collaborate with internal business resources and external tax advisers
- Manage indirect tax aspects of various international projects
- Excellent knowledge of EU and international VAT with specific VAT experience in DE, UK, FR, IT and ES
- Experience with indirect taxes in other jurisdictions such as Middle East / Africa is helpful
- Familiarity with e-commerce taxation trends, experience with financial transactions and payments is advantageous.
- Strong customer focus; good listening, negotiation and problem-resolution skills
- Confidence, poise and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of management as well as with tax authorities
- Work experience in multinational environment is desired
- Proven passion and track record of delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment
- A sense of accuracy
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations
- Great Flexibility and willingness to travel approximately 10-15% of the time
- A top-tier indirect tax consultant with experience in tax consultancy and/or industry and
- 8+ years experience in international indirect taxes
- Currently at the level equal to Senior Manager at a consulting firm / industry
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in Tax, Accounting, or equivalent is required; advanced degree or “Steuerberaterexamen” is helpful
- Proficient English language skills required, other major languages such as German are advantageous
- SAP knowledge is a plus
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/