Tetra Pak is looking for support, please see below:
Tetra Pak International is the Group’s Global Headquarters, located in Pully/Lausanne, Switzerland. Tetra Pak develops, manufactures and markets systems for processing, packaging and distribution of food. We produce packaging material at 40 plants and have 36 market companies and 78 sales offices around the world. Every day more than 488 million Tetra Pak packages are distributed in more than 170 countries. Tetra Pak net sales amounted in 2018 to approx. €11.2 billion and more than 25’000 persons were employed.
The PSE (Processing Solutions & Equipment) business provides complete solutions and processing equipment for dairy, cheese, ice cream, beverages, prepared food and cosmetics. Based in 84 locations across the globe (including 32 market companies), the PSE business has installed more than 81,000 units with the support of 2,000 employees worldwide.
Currently we are looking for a VAT Compliance manager
be based in Tetra Pak offices in Pully, Switzerland. Approximately 15% of time required to travel to European based, PSE entities.
Purpose of Role:
Manage European VAT compliance obligations of PSE business with specific emphasis on management of the local business controllers to ensure the process, flows, projects and ERP data are compliant. Support CVCT with business expertise on the PSE compliance process through the SMART tool platform. Support and solve every day VAT compliance problems quickly and effectively and provide regular compliance updates and training when required.
- Responsible for the overall management and direction of PSE’s VAT Compliance process in Europe, i.e. preparation/reconciliation, review, approval and timely submission of correct VAT/intrastat returns and EC Sales listing’s.
- Responsible for preparing VAT advice on ad-hoc advisory queries raised by service providers/vendors/local market companies related to the VAT Compliance function of the PSE business. Provide full support to internal colleagues with respect to VAT return preparations
- Directly manage up to 6 European based business controllers and indirectly manage CVCT colleagues responsible for the VAT Compliance responsibilities of PSE entities
- Manage and respond to VAT queries and requests from the tax authorities in all jurisdictions & Manage support from CVCT during VAT audits relevant to PSE entities
- Manage complete VAT registration process for all new projects including approval of all flows and full onboarding of new VAT registrations into the SMART tool (this includes testing prior to go live)
- Give input on detailed specification of process and system change and participate to test & validation of new process and system changes in SAP, e.g. manage creation of new SAP plants for new projects & VAT registrations
- Ensure that the internal procedures such as the mapping flows, VAT determination matrix and support documents are continually kept up to date and improved
- Organise, manage and provide VAT training to PSE members and internal colleagues, e.g. onboarding of new entities and identifying training needs and requirements
- Identify continuous improvement areas with respect to the processing business and its interaction with the VAT compliance process. Seek out improvement areas and ensure that the processes work as they should in conjunction with global VAT compliance requirements
- Assist Global Head of VAT Compliance with day to day tasks required to run the PSE business effectively, i.e. legislative research, confirmation of VAT treatment applicable, participation in key meetings, support with specific projects/workshops etc
Skills & Knowledge
- Business Awareness
- Personal Organization
- Strong VAT technical expertise
Behavioral & Attitude
- Team player
- Organized and systematic
- A calming presence and a high degree of patience
The successful candidate has a minimum of 8 years’ experience of European VAT, with strong VAT compliance experience gained preferably in tax advisory and/or in a Shared Service Centre. It is a further advantage to have previous experience in finance or accounting such as a bookkeeping role. You must be passionate about VAT and have a genuine interest in this area of tax expertise. Specific key requirements are as follows;
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in indirect taxes gained from a previous role, including 2-3 years’ experience at manager level
- Honors Business University degree and/or holder of a recognized professional tax qualification
- Fluency in English is essential and ability to speak French an advantage
- Strong ERP knowledge is essential with SAP knowledge an advantage
- Can demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills both written and oral
- Continuous process improvement skills essential
- Ability to troubleshoot with respect to VAT compliance issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with CVCT colleagues and key PSE stakeholders
- Ability to document processes and functional specifications
- Ability to working effectively in a global team-based environment
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously and set key priorities
Image source: unsplash.com