At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our team in Winterthur as VAT Manager and contribute to strengthen the group tax function to ensure an efficient framework for Sulzer’s business activities.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Providing advice on Indirect Taxes and Incoterms to business on supply chain questions, specific transactions, and business set-ups
- Timely and formally correct filing of Swiss and foreign VAT returns (incl. VAT Groups)
- Reviewing and maintaining the VAT determination in the SAP ERP system for relevant companies incl. e-invoicing
- Reviewing and supporting international trade and business set-ups, e.g., VAT registrations abroad, EU VAT topics (consignment warehouses, chain transactions, triangular transactions and intra-Community deliveries/purchases)
- Support further development of a sustainable VAT compliance strategy
- Re-assessing and optimizing VAT processes to accelerate input VAT refund in Europe, BRICs and other countries
- Supporting and advising stakeholders in the area of VAT primarily related to the EU and to Switzerland on day-to-day VAT questions and issues
- Monitoring the EU Plastic Packaging Tax developments and managing the implementation project without UK
- The support of Sulzer legal entities in VAT/GST and customs audits
- Informing and training on changes to international VAT laws and their consequences
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Tax Law
- Additional Swiss or EU VAT relevant education like DAS, LL.M., Tax Advisor or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience in Indirect Tax with focus on Swiss and especially EU VAT, preferably in a similar position within a listed, multinational, or international tax advisory company (BIG4)
- Good CH and EU VAT know-how both theoretical and practical
- Sound finance and accounting know-how
- Strong analytical skills combined with a hands-on attitude
- SAP knowledge (FI / SD)
- Experience in project management
- Team player who is capable to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced skills in written and spoken English, German would be an advantage
- Excellent social benefits
- Joining a company recently rated as a top employer for Switzerland
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Central workplace, only 5 minutes from Winterthur train station
We are based in Winterthur, in one of the tallest buildings of Switzerland.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to Mirjam Fluri at Mirjam.Fluri@sulzer.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2022 in Switzerland. So come and join our story, starting today!