In order to strengthen our team, we are looking for an ambitious tax professional to join our Group Tax Reporting team, based at our Headquarters. The successful candidate will work closely with our Accounting, Consolidation, and Legal departments and liaise with teams in various operating regions around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop and work in a multinational tax environment. The position reports directly to the Global Head of Tax Reporting.
- take the responsibility for quarterly and annual income tax reporting packages review for designated countries
- analyse the effective tax rate (ETR), return to provision, deferred and current tax calculations in accordance with IAS12 and IAS34
- correspond with reporting entities to ensure accurate and timely completion of tax reporting packages
- be subject matter specialist on income tax accounting matters (IAS12) for day-to-day activities
- deal with ad-hoc tax reporting queries
- assist with the preparation of the tax disclosure note for our annual report
- support the Global Head of Tax Reporting in implementing and maintaining a global tax risk framework, supporting governance and reporting requirements
- monitor actively external tax developments as they related to Glencore and communicate changes to internal stakeholders
We look for candidates with:
- University degree (Economy, Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting preferable)
- 3-4 years post qualification proven experience in a tax reporting role of an international company
- basic understanding of international direct tax standard
- solid knowledge of international reporting standards, specifically IFRS and local GAAP
- knowledge and understanding of financial systems
Candidates who would excel in our environment:
- work independently to prepare, analyse and report financial information in a timely manner and to a high standard
- pay attention to details, while being able to set priorities and to meet tight deadlines with competing priorities
- cope with complex requirements in a fast-paced, dynamic and flexible environment
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages are an advantage)
- are an excellent team player, open minded, proactive and solution-oriented
We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading
• Introducing Glencore video
• Glencore’s Purpose and Values
• Purpose and Values booklet
• 2020 Annual Report
• 2020 Sustainability Report