At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is seeking to recruit a permanent Customs and Trade Manager, EMEAI. Reporting into the Associate Director, EMEA Trade Compliance Lead, the Customs and Trade Manager, EMEAI will support the efficient Customs management of BMS materials to ensure uninterrupted supply of all materials within EMEAI. Collaborating with colleagues across a wide range of BMS functions, the C&T Manager will use their expertise to enhance C&T support to existing hCelgene and hBMS Supply Chains and will be central to C&T EMEAI’s ability to enhance Trade Compliance structures within the new BMS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the management of efficient importation and exportation of all BMS materials for EMEAI
- Implement and monitor compliance with all BMS and EU/national Customs & Trade [C&T] import and export requirements, to ensure uninterrupted supply of all materials within EMEAI.
- Collaborate with BMS functions (Transportation, Tax, Finance, Markets etc.) and third parties to ensure timely physical movements, customs release and onward supply of BMS materials and medicines in EMEAI.
- Support the timely development and application of Customs Procedures, Tariff classifications and Import authorizations for Commercial and Clinical materials
- Provide oversight of all required documentation to ensure accurate and complete documents are available for presentation to Customs.
- Gather, assess and interpret data to monitor and evaluate the performance of Customs brokers. Work with Importing sites to manage BMS Customs brokers.
- Maintain awareness of import and export Regulatory changes and work with all stakeholders to communicate and update business requirements for uninterrupted supply.
- Accountable for working with local/ExM/Principal C&T delegates to optimize performance of Trade Compliance activities in EMEAI.
- Support Regional \ local Customs & Trade Planning and integration into company activities designed to mitigate or defer duty and associated costs.
- Initiate and support where appropriate company participation and partnership in Supply Chain Security and Import Compliance Programs (i.e., AEO).
- Support Import and other Customs Compliance related audits.
- Ensured all Customs related records are appropriate and maintained in accordance with BMS and Legal requirements.
- Support other Global Logistics Services (GLS) activities as and when required
- Work with EMEAI C&T Lead as and when required to support C&T activities in EMEAI
- Develop and deliver training as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or International Trade, preferred.
- A minimum 5 years Supply Chain/Finance/Logistics experience in a bio-pharmaceutical company which includes at least 3 years in a Trade Compliance role
- A clear understanding of regional/global Customs regulations regarding importing and exporting (as required) in the commercial and research environments.
- Sound experience of Customs compliance and supply chain security requirements, other government agency import/export requirements, procedures development and working across a team matrix to expedite product movement under compliant processes and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to translate/decipher complex, ambiguous Regulations from Customs and other government agencies and apply knowledge of business practices to determine appropriate actions required to remain/become compliant.
- Self-starter with high initiative and highly motivated to deliver results. Drives for continuous improvement and demonstrated a can-do approach to problem solving when confronted with challenging situations.
- Supports and executes strategies, objectives and plans established by Global Customs & Trade/Global Logistics Services; through effective leadership and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, multiple language capabilities a plus, ability to communicate effectively with peers and management, internally and externally.
- Experience in communicating with Regulatory Agencies
- Able to execute his/her roles and duties in a multicultural work environment.
- Knowledge of leading operational management principles and concepts
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, time management and computer skills.
What’s important to us
Employees are expected to display the BMS Values, which move us toward our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases:
Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results.
Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients.
Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting.
Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments.
Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues.
Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential.
We have a passion for tackling the toughest diseases, which inspires innovation and speed in our daily work and a sense of accountability to the patients we serve.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click here to apply.