Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Accountable for all accounting, tax and OTC activities. Ensure the teams in capability centers provide necessary support per agreed service levels. Provide advice and support to Management (Commercial, Supply Chain, Distribution, Procurement, Quality, GOTC GPO, ECC and FP&A). Continuously improve customer service and logistics processes including continuity of supply and distribution.
Main job responsibilities:
- Primary contact for all Accounting , OTC, Reporting (US GAAP, Local GAAP), Tax (including intercompany) and bank activities
- Manage relationships with internal and external Capability Centers (Accenture, Tax & Statutory Center of Excellence, European Capability Centre, Global Process Owners) ensuring accounting & tax services are being delivered for our countries in the agreed quality
- Maintains a high standard of internal control that complies with Sarbanes Oxley, Corporate policies and procedures and local requirements
- Be responsible for filing of statutory financial statements, VAT and other statutory returns
- Handle all non-routine accounting & tax transactions (specific tax reporting, National Bank reports, fixed assets, bank reconciliations, purchase orders, manual payments, petty cash, etc.)
- Manage internal and external audits (statutory audit, tax audit, internal audit)
- Provide support to Country Controller in technical accounting related matters
- Support Country Controller in preparing legal entity forecasts and budgets
- Act as a key partner of Supply Chain, Distribution and Quality following up on local demands to ensure continuity of supply
- Ensure inventory, sales transactions and balances are recorded correctly in the financial statements
- Responsible for reviewing other Control Documents / Work Instructions updated by the Customer master data team, Customer Credit Control team, OTC team and Distribution team
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities, other
- Good knowledge of US GAAP & Swiss GAAP
- Good understanding of tax legislation
- Fluent in German and English essential and additional language would be beneficial (French /Italian)
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or other leading business school.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years in Accounting and/or Finance (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry)
- Experience working in a cross-functional business and matrix organization
- Experience working in an international environment
- Good communication and presentation skills and ability to interact/influence with business partners
- Demonstrated experience of integrated software packages and financial reporting modules, especially SAP
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Tools
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates ability to multitask and works with high empowerment
- Proactive working style
For further information click here
Image Source: Unsplash.com