Press release ANAF – March 16, 2020
In this period, given the difficult economic context caused by the spread of COVID-19, the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) prepared a set of measures for the support of the business environment, the most important being the following:
- The suspension or, depending on the case, the non-start of the tax execution procedure of budgetary receivables; In this regard, no more summons, attachments on bank accounts and on traceable incomes will be issued and no seizures of assets will be commanded. Are excepted from this decision the amounts issued by court orders pronounced in criminal decisions.
- The reimbursement of VAT tax during the month of March for all the accounts that are settled and for which decisions of reimbursement were issued;
- The implementation of a new mechanism for VAT reimbursement which aims to rapidly solve the VAT reimbursements starting with April 1st, 2020;
- The suspension of fiscal control (fiscal inspections, anti-fraud controls), with the exception of the verifications that can be done remotely and of the tax evasion cases, where there are clues in this regard;
- The suspension of anti-fraud actions regarding Filter II and of specific activities from the border crossing points with Hungary and Bulgaria.
The above measures will be applied during the state of emergency period, but also for a period of 30 days after the end of the state of emergency period.
At the same time, the term for submitting the fiscal declarations is prolonged from 25 March 2020 until 25 April 2020.