At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The VAT and Trade Compliance Sr. Analyst (f/m) will be responsible for ensuring that the flows of goods and services in the Marine, Oil and Gas (MOG) group comply with tax and import/export regulations as well as gathering data and assisting in the preparation of cross-border Valued Added Tax (VAT) and Corporate Income Tax (CIT) returns. This includes assessing the existing risks, assisting in the deployment of trade compliance procedures and guidelines that will assure compliance with regulations, and implementing corrective action plans as well as involvement in future projects that affect the supply chain to ensure proper/advantageous structuring of transactions. In addition to developing and ensuring process adherence, the role will act as a key knowledge point for all VAT and trade compliance issues and take a lead in the training and development of key stakeholders.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintains and evaluates MOG group’s compliance status with various regulatory bodies including customs, export control and applicable tax authorities. Assists in filing of cross-border tax returns.
- Ensuring proper documentation and procedures are maintained in accordance with regulations.
- Reviews internal controls, develops processes, and oversees corrective action plans for the group.
- Identifies compliance gaps and recommends process improvements.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining localized policies and procedures for compliance with VAT and import and export regulations as well as ensuring broad awareness of these requirements.
- Identifies and develops business processes to address compliance risks, with a focus on continuous process improvements to increase efficiency and improve performance to customers.
What your background should look like:
- Customs broker license or international VAT qualification highly preferred; customs expert (HF or Eidgenössicher Fachausweis), or business administration with focus on VAT, customs, global trade and / or export controls, Supply Chain management or related field.
- Relevant experience with trade compliance or VAT for multiple countries or in a global environment (including goods and services).
- Strong interest in indirect tax, customs, global trade and / or export controls as well as supply chain.
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interfaces to other areas such as taxes (VAT, transfer prices etc.), legal/regulatory, accounting, logistics.
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry preferred but not a muss.
- A proven record of designing and implementing value added processes highly preferred.
- Analytical mindset, process understanding, open for innovative approaches and ideas.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills at all levels in the organization. Flexibility for interdisciplinary work and teamwork.
- Results orientation and strong sense of accountability.
For more information click here >
Image source: Unsplash.com