Ebay is looking for support, please see below:
The Accounting Shared Services Center in Bern, Switzerland, is part of the global finance team and is in charge of accounting for currently 56 European entities (and growing). We are a lively international team of accountants thriving at achieving the highest quality and compliance in our daily activities.
- Lead all intercompany & VAT activities within the region while coordinating with regional counterparts to ensure consistency and standardization of global processes.
- Handling the VAT filing & Reporting for 40 + legal entities in EMEA.
- Managing their monthly close process as well as the internal and statutory reporting activities.
- Maintaining proper balance reconciliation of all G/L accounts and integrity of financial documents.
- Supervising the processing activities of our outsourced group of accountants in India.
- Confirming proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions and policies.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to manage projects, operational improvements and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver customer-focused results.
- Work with management in various departments, including tax, treasury, corporate accounting for proper consideration of corresponding transactions.
Experience and Relevant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA / ACCA, CIMA is a plus.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- At least four years general ledger accounting experience is required – VAT experience advantage.
- Strong Excel and analytical mindset.
- Proven experience driving process improvements and/or operational efficiencies.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Great teammate and have aptitude to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization.
- Hands-on experience in managing general ledger and reporting function.
- US GAAP and compliance experience.
- IFRS or other European GAAP experience.
- SAP Financial System experience, or other ERP.
- Fluent in English required, German a plus.
- Self-motivated, ability to work in a face-paced environment and cope with challenges as well as tight deadlines.
Find out more and apply here >
Image source: Unsplash.com
2 thoughts on “General Ledger & VAT Senior Accountant”