The Swiss VAT law changed. From 1 January 2018 onwards, any person or business with global turnover of CHF 100’000 or more may be liable to VAT starting from the first franc of turnover in Switzerland. This means that if you want to continue doing business in Switzerland, you need to register with the tax authority.
Please find HERE the most important changes.
If you are looking for a solution that allows you to continue doing business in Switzerland without breaking the bank, PwC’s Smart VAT may be the right option for you. PwC’s Smart VAT is an online platform that allows you to do the following:
- Register for Swiss VAT and obtain a Swiss VAT number
- Appoint PwC as your fiscal representative to deal with the tax authority.
- Register for filing the quarterly Swiss VAT returns by electronic means
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for electronic filing
- Access letters and queries from the tax authority and provide your replies
For further details please click HERE.
Bildquelle: Katharina Wieland Müller / pixelio.de