It’s time again for the biennial edition of the PwC VAT Conference. This year we are meeting virtually on two mornings. The conference will be focusing on the recent and upcoming changes in the sphere of VAT.
In the busy line up, we will be discussing several topics including Brexit and the impact that this will have on various aspects, the recent CJEU judgements including a spotlight on common recharges between related parties, as well as a taster on the growing trend of e-commerce and the applicable VAT package. We will also be revisiting the trending topic of VAT Grouping following its third year of implementation.
Our VAT conference will host a number of guest speakers from the PwC network who will share with us key insights on a number of topical international VAT matters.
This conference is suitable for people who work in the finance or tax departments of their business at all levels from Chief Financial Officers to employees in finance teams as well as entrepreneurs. It will benefit any individual who works with VAT in the tax field and requires an update on the most recent changes in the local and EU sphere.
10 & 11 June 2021 from 9:30am till 12:15pm (including 15 minutes break)
5 Hours CORE
- Standard: €120
- Registered Alumni: €60
- 3+ delegates: €100 per delegate
- Students: €50
- CJEU and Recharges of Payroll
- VAT Grouping
- Financial Services updates including the EU Commission’s initiative to review the VAT rules for financial and insurance services – “Updates on Financial Services and VAT Rules”
- What lies ahead – SME package / PSP directive – “New directives”
- Salient VAT Committee interpretations “VAT Committee interpretations”
- Future of indirect taxes including real time reporting, compliance, electronic invoicing – “Future of indirect taxes”
- Summary of ecommerce package and OSS registration – New rules applicable as from 1 July 2021 – we already have e-Commerce listed on the website, maybe we can adjust it to: “e-Commerce & OSS Registration”
Day 1 – Thursday, 10 June 2021
- Introduction by our Territory Senior Partner
- Local VAT developments and cross border rulings
- To group or not to group? The Danske Bank and related cases
- Tales of the unexpected – some interesting recent CJEU judgements
- The VAT Committee – purpose and effect
- Post Brexit Syndrome – getting to grips with a new reality
Day 2 – Friday, 11 June 2021
- What lies ahead – SME package / PSP directive / TOMS
- VAT on financial services – disruption in the making
- E-commerce package – ready, set, go
- VAT compliance of the future
- Automation is now – using technology in VAT compliance and reporting
All information can be found here on the webpage.
Image source: http://unsplash.com