Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
Alcon Indirect Tax is part of Alcon Global Tax Team. The Team is responsible for the management of the indirect tax position of Alcon Group globally, ensuring business operations are performed in accordance with the applicable indirect tax legislations and any existing efficiencies are effectively utilised.
The Indirect Tax Team is responsible for the overall indirect tax strategy and governance in Alcon Group and ensures effective implementation across Alcon entities. The team provides functional guidance and advice to the Alcon Affiliates and business functions in the framework of projects and ongoing material business operations in close collaboration with other Business Stakeholders.
The Indirect Tax Manager is key team member, supporting the Head of Indirect Tax in the implementation of the strategy and governance, preparation and implementation of guidelines and policies of the Indirect Tax Function and training of stakeholders. They are directly responsible for the continuous monitoring and improvement of core finance and business processes related to Indirect Tax planning, tax advice, risk management, issue resolution and audit management and provision of indirect tax subject matter advice to Alcon Affiliates and business functions.
They proactively investigate activities and manage applicable indirect tax matters, identifying opportunities to drive productivity and manage risk, considering changes in local Indirect Tax laws and legislations
Key Responsibilities Will Include
Indirect Tax Function and Strategy:
- Supports the Head of Indirect Tax in the implementation of the Global Indirect Tax Strategy and the annual Indirect Tax Risk Assessment of the Group;
- Supports the Head of Indirect Tax in the implementation the Indirect Tax Governance framework and performs continuous monitoring for effectiveness and potential improvements;
- Actively participates in the preparation of Indirect Tax policies, guidelines and instructions;
- Actively participates and contributes to strategic planning, tax advice, risk management, issue resolution and management of external service providers.
- Actively participates in the implementation of new systems (SAP) in markets and regions around the world, implementation of new and improvement of existing Indirect Tax relevant system set-ups, procedures and controls.
- Supports Head of Indirect Tax in the measurement and delivery of function`s goals and KPI targets.
- Provides Indirect Tax input and advice to Alcon Business and other Alcon Functions on new and ongoing material business activities, operations and supply chain flows;
- Actively participates in Alcon Group Projects and provides Indirect Tax subject matter advice to project teams and other functions;
- Partnering with Alcon Affiliates and Business Functions, pro-actively collects information on business activities performed by Alcon Group in different countries and regions, performs indirect tax reviews and indirect tax risk assessments and prepares actions plans for mitigating potential indirect tax risks and utilising indirect tax opportunities;
- Monitors changes to indirect tax rules and regulations and ensures ERP Systems and business/finance processes are updated accordingly;
- Supervises the Indirect Tax Compliance activities of Alcon Principal Companies (where so required);
- Actively collaborates with Business and Finance Functions working style being inclusive, proactive, respectful, and results driven in alignment with Alcon Values and Behaviours;
- Acts service oriented to enable service lines to deliver a high-performing organization and drive improvements/standard solutions while cultivating a customer service focus culture;
- Supports the training of the wider Indirect Tax organization on technical inidrect tax matters.
- Ensures all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented, in line with Alcon standards and consistent with best practices, as well as aligned with the Global Alcon Blueprint;
- Ensures compliance with Alcon Financial Controls Manual (AFCM) and regulatory requirements and implementation in internal guidelines;
- Ensures application of agreed Alcon control procedures and actively support to deliver SOX certification;
- Promotes a strong control environment and follow up on audit issues and implement correcting measures.
What you will bring to the role
- University level degree in Business Administration/ Economics/Finance or Law is desirable
- Fluent written and oral English is mandatory
- Strong Indirect Tax knowledge with minimum +5/6 years of International Indirect Tax experience.
- EMEA Experience required. Experience in other regions will be considered as a plus;
- Self-starter, pro-active with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work independently, foreseeing projects and deliverables from start to finish;
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational and planning skills.
- Experience gained from a Big 4 Indirect Tax practice
- Experience with ERP systems
- High level understanding of Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing concepts, key topics and risks
- Working level of French language (written and spoken)
Why join Alcon?
We aspire to lead the world in innovating life-changing vision products because when people see brilliantly, they live brilliantly.
We are the world’s leading eye care products and devices company. You will join our 20,000 associates at Alcon, making a real difference to the lives of others.
At Alcon, we create meaningful opportunities for associates to grow their careers. Learn more at http://www.alcon.com.
Our Purpose is Reimagining Eye Care.
Our Vision is to be the trusted leader in eye care.
Our Mission is to discover new ways to enhance sight and improve people’s lives.
Business Unit: NON-NVS AL FINANCE & CONTROL
Company/Legal Entity: ALCON PH LTD CHE
Functional Area: Audit & Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
For more information click here: https://www.alcon.com/careers/career-search/job-details/308473BR