I am delighted to invite you to the next in the series of global webcasts on “Middle East VAT Challenges in the New Decade for non-residents providing inbound professional, e-commerce and digital services” on Monday 10 February 2020.
Following the two year anniversary of the implementation of VAT in the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (“KSA”), and one year anniversary in the Kingdom of Bahrain; the fast paced growth of the service sector, e-commerce industry and businesses engaging in digitalisation has given rise to various business models and challenges for both resident and non-residents conducting business in these jurisdictions.
The webinar will give you an in-depth understanding of the key VAT liability and compliance issues. It will be focused on:
- An overview of the global electronically supplied and digital services developments and common areas of change introduced by the tax authorities
- The electronically supplied and digital services industry in the GCC VAT Implementing States, in particular:
- Summary of the VAT rules for electronic and digital supplies
- Areas of exposure when determining the VAT treatment of certain electronic and digital service supplies
- Difficulties for non-residents in satisfying the VAT compliance obligations imposed by the tax authorities
- “2020 vision” – potential changes to expect and how taxpayers can prepare based on the lessons learnt globally
Topic: Middle East VAT Challenges in the New Decade for non-residents providing inbound professional, e-commerce and digital services
Date: Monday, 10 February 2020
Time: 11:00 am – 11:30 am GST
Second session will be hosted from 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm GST. Click here if you prefer registering for the second session.
Image source: http://unsplash.com