Join a team that is changing millions of lives. Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry. At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
About this opportunity:
You will be the recognized expert responsible for processing multiple EMEA VAT registrations in close cooperation with our international VAT compliance partners. You will have the opportunity to further improve and implement EMEA VAT compliance processes, including procedures and special projects such as new VAT registrations and system changes. You will join a VAT team of two persons and will report to the EMEA VAT Manager.
You will know you have done a great job when all VAT returns are filed timely. You will work closely with our internal stakeholders (Local Sales teams, Accounting and Collections team) to make this happen.
In this role, you will:
Set up, manages and owns the VAT registration in various European countries.
- Assist with and eventually drive projects to connecting new entities and registrations onto our global SAP system from a VAT point of view.
- Plan and perform all of the activities required for assigned international cross-functional projects.
- Manages and owns the accurate and timely processing of the periodic VAT return filings for the EMEA countries as well as other related filing obligations.
- Review of accuracy and completeness of VAT data, which needs to be processed.
- Handle all types of questions that might occur in conjunction with the overall VAT position of Align. When necessary, discuss the matter with the required colleagues and be supportive to the business. The Senior VAT Compliance Specialist ensures all matters related to VAT compliance and related questions are handled completely, effectively, timely and according to our code of conduct.
- Work together with Account Payables department to assure correct, timely and complete payments of the various filed VAT returns.
- Prepare and process journal entries and reconcile VAT related general ledger accounts.
- Assist the EMEA VAT manager with VAT related questions.
- Collaborate with and provide accurate support to the accounting department for VAT related items.
- Assure SOX compliance by working according the SOX controls.
- Provide auditors (both internal and external) and tax authorities with requested support.
- Evaluate and proactively suggest improvements regarding the VAT compliance process.
In this role, you’ll need:
- Strong organization, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accounting related degree on a Master level, by education and/or experiences.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and VAT.
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills.
- Experience in testing new VAT related ERP functionality.
- User experience with SAP, Business Intelligence and One Source.
- Ability to work accurate and perform detailed reconciliations.
- Proactive and positive mindset, solution-focused and able to work in a dynamic international environment.
- A good understanding of the VAT rules applicable in the EMEA region. Both from a local perspective as knowledge of the EU VAT Directive.
- Preferably multiple years of experience in processing VAT returns for various companies and multiple EMEA registrations.
- Knowledge of SOX and accounting requirements.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Preferably experience working in an international multi-cultural environment.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here.
Image source: unsplash.com