eBay is the world’s largest marketplace, enabling more than 90 million active buyers to purchase from more than 20 million sellers globally every year.
We are looking for an experienced Senior VAT Manager or Senior Indirect Tax Manager Manager to be based in our eBay office in Bern, Switzerland. Alternatively, the position can also be based in our offices in Berlin with some travel to Bern on a monthly basis.
You will report to the Director, Indirect Taxes. The European indirect tax team primarily covers Europe, Middle East, and Africa indirect tax matters but also participates in projects in other regions around the world.
As Senior Manager, Indirect Taxes you will:
- Deliver timely and accurate indirect tax advice to business units
- Structure intercompany indirect tax relevant relationships and transactions
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business units and the direct tax function
- Prepare and oversee preparation of VAT declarations and their filing, with special focus on Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) and other Electronically Supplied Services (ESS) declarations
- Review vendor invoices with exceptional VAT/GST positions
- Implement, review and optimize SAP processes dealing with VAT records and reporting
- Manage and participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax automation
- Manage tax audits and inquiries from tax authorities
- Collaborate with internal business resources and external tax advisors
- Manage indirect tax aspects of various projects
- Excellent knowledge of EU and international VAT with specific VAT experience in DE, UK, FR, IT and ES
- Experience with indirect taxes in Russia, Norway, Israel and other countries is helpful
- Familiarity with the e-commerce taxation trends
- Strong customer focus; good listening, negotiation and problem-resolution skills
- Confidence, poise and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of management as well as with tax authorities
- Working experience in multinational environment is desired
- Demonstrated passion and track record of delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment
- A great sense of accuracy
- Strong issue identification and mitigation skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations
- Willing to travel approximately 10-15% of the time
- A seasoned indirect tax consultant with experience in tax consultancy and/or industry and
- 6-12 years of tax experience with 5+ years in international indirect taxes
- Currently at the level equal to Senior Manager or very experienced Manager at Big4
- Relevant working knowledge of SAP, especially indirect tax functionality
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in Tax, Accounting, or equivalent is required; advanced degree or “Steuerberaterexam” is helpful
- Fluent English and German language skills required, other major languages are advantageous
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. The eBay family is passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigour and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you. Visit our careers site at www.ebaycareers.com and apply here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bildquelle: by Rainer Sturm / pixelio.de