Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to help shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Bay’s dynamic and well-respected Indirect Tax Team has grown in the last few years and is looking for people who fit into an open, highly motivated, and fun-loving team with a shared interest in the dynamic world that is indirect tax. We aim to deliver with impact and support the continued success of the business while embracing the challenges brought by new legislation and existing obligations.
We are looking for a Manager, Indirect Taxes to join our EMEA Indirect Tax team based in either Switzerland, the UK, Germany, Luxembourg, or the Netherlands. The role can be based in our offices in Bern, London, Dreilinden, Luxembourg or Amsterdam, or hybrid working within the country. The role will be report to a Senior Manager, Indirect Taxes in Bern.
As Manager, Indirect Taxes, you will:
- Support and advise our EU/UK businesses on EMEA indirect tax issues
- Manage and lead VAT audits and communicate with tax authorities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions and external tax advisors.
- Support our in-house Shared Services Center with indirect tax compliance by giving guidance, reviewing VAT returns, liaising with Accounts Payable and implementing risk mitigation processes to ensure accurate and timely indirect tax reporting.
- Support with the implementation of S/4HANA.
- Monitor and support with legislative changes in the European Union (e.g. VAT in the Digital Age proposal) and the wider EMEA region, assess the impact on the business and support with the internal changes necessary; liaison with our Governmental Relations team.
- Develop and provide indirect tax training to different stakeholders in the organization.
- Collaborate with our Tax Technology team to implement new and improve existing processes and system solutions for VAT calculation and compliance, including for example Machine Learning/AI solutions and tax engine improvements to further drive digitalization.
- Support with M&A and corporate structuring projects.
- You have gained in-depth knowledge of Indirect Tax in the EU and UK while working in a multi-national environment. Ideally, you have experience with the digital economy. Knowledge of German VAT is a plus.
- You like working in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment where you can show your flexibility in coping with ambiguity and differing priorities.
- You are familiar with Excel functions and are not afraid of pivot tables and complex data files.
- You can work independently but also enjoy being part of a global team with different backgrounds, personalities, and perspectives.
- Your proactive workstyle enables you to gather and analyze information, take decisions, align with your manager and the wider team and to drive towards implementing solutions.
- You act with confidence, communicate clearly and have the ability to understand, articulate and break-down complex processes and concepts when collaborating with all levels of stakeholders.
- You are a good listener with strong client and stakeholder focus and solution-oriented personality.
- From time to time, you enjoy traveling to meet your teammates and stakeholders in person.
Your basic Qualifications:
- You currently hold a similar position as Indirect Tax Manager in-house or at a consulting firm.
- You have 6+ years of indirect tax experience.
- Since our working language is English, your English is business fluent. It will be a plus if you also speak German.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree ideally with an focus on Tax, Legal, or Accounting; and a have a tax qualification. An advanced degree is helpful.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay’s commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM, NYC)” excludes residents of Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico and New York City.