SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
Working as a core member of our Group Finance team, you will manage and support the digitization of our tax reporting, e-invoicing and e-accounting systems. Partnering with our local and corporate IT and Finance teams, you will lead digital taxation projects across SGS’s European affiliates.
More Specifically, you will:
- Work in co-operation with local Finance and IT teams to manage the introduction of electronically submitted or pre-approved invoicing and transactional electronic reporting;
- Support IT with definition of local compliance requirements, help to build complex VAT rules in condition tables and be actively involved in the up-date or new integration of a tax engine in the ERP system and other software tools;
- Partner with Business Directors and Finance teams to understand business models, ERP, both accounting and indirect tax reporting tools and identify any gaps to local requirements or inefficiencies;
- Manage and supervise indirect tax compliance (with external consultants as applicable) activities;
- Manage or Support local indirect tax audits;
- Work with Business Directors and support cross-border tenders with indirect tax knowledge.
- Educated to degree level in Economics or a similar subject;
- Previous experience of working in a similar position;
- Background of working within accounting or finance advantageous;
- Keen interest in digitization and how the financial industry can utilize new technology;
- Understanding of indirect tax and ERP systems;
- Fluent in English.
We are able to base this position remotely in Europe with flexible working on offer. We are particularly keen to speak to candidates based in the following locations: UK, France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands or Poland.
Ms. Heidi Pohl, Sen. Director Tax & Business Partnering