Over USD 70 billion in transactions since 2018! Our work enables Novartis to implement its strategy to build a leading, focused medicines company powered by advanced therapy platforms and data science.
The Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Tax Manager supports the Head of M&A Tax in all transactions of the Novartis Group. M&A Tax advices on the deal design and structure, assesses tax implications and supports in the execution and implementation of the transaction.
Your main tasks:
- Represent Group Tax and in particular M&A Tax as dedicated tax specialist on all type of transaction e.g. acquisitions, divestments, licensing, share deals, asset deals, joint ventures, public listing, etc.
- Perform tax due diligence and prepare tax due diligence report reflecting findings and recommendation to the deal team.
- Assess and estimate direct tax implications of transactions at global and local levels
- Advice on tax compliant structural solutions at global and local level (prepare tax structuring papers); taking into account regulatory and operational possibilities.
- Review and comment on transactional documents from a tax point of view to ensure consistency with Novartis tax strategy and to mitigate potential tax exposures for Novartis.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Masters degree in economics or equivalent field
- Additional qualification in corporate/international tax law is a must. Certified tax expert for Switzerland is highly desirable
- Several years of experience in a reputable legal firm or in-house tax department in a company
- Excellent knowledge of tax laws, international tax structures and tax development and strong accounting knowledge (IFRS/local statutory)
- You bring excellent communication skills and enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Fluency in English
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Please find the job advertisement and the link for application here.