The job title: Tax Accountant Europe
Name of employer: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Chester – UK
This role sits within a team of 8 within the European Tax Centre of Expertise. The main aspects of the role are:
- To take responsibility for and to manage all tax reporting compliance requirements for a group of markets within the Europe region.
- To provide advice on any tax related issue, coordinating with external advisers and Global Corporate Tax Department where necessary.
In addition, the person is expected to maintain a constant awareness of local tax legislation and act as a real internal consultant to satisfy stakeholder expectations.
The main duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Preparation and submission of all US Tax reporting including monthly current and deferred tax provision, quarterly tax contingency and projections using TaxStream technology.
- Coordination of annual Transfer Pricing documentation including financial data analysis and liaison with commercial teams and external adviser.
- Preparation of annual Corporate Income Tax Returns, coordination of external review and presentation to FD.
- Calculation and instruction of Corporate Income Tax Payments.
- Review of monthly VAT and other indirect tax returns prepared by third party.
- Liaison with tax authorities as necessary.
- Preparation of annual tax disclosures to be included in Statutory Financial Statements, including calculation of current and deferred tax provisions. Respond to queries from external auditor.
- Continuous review of tax legislation to identify relevant changes. Analyse impact and communicate to business partners.
- Participate in internal projects to ensure indirect and direct tax compliance, provide advice and support for any tax advisory questions, utilise third party resource as necessary.
- Support COE strategy for use of third party resource ensuring that all work is correctly engaged and approved.
- Support strategy of standardisation and automation, continuous improvement and risk management, and leveraging developments in tax technology.
- Provide support to other markets, as required.
- Completion of all other reporting requirements as necessary.
The skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant and / or Chartered Tax Adviser.
- 3-5 years experience of tax compliance in at least one jurisdiction in a practice, or multi-national corporate tax environment or equivalent.
- Understanding of accounting provisions, accounting principles, statutory audit and disclosure requirements of financial statements in at least one jurisdiction in Europe.
- Experience of indirect taxes.
- Fluency in English plus one other European language, preferably French or Spanish (technically and communicative).
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the company.
- Autonomous working.
- Ability to establish formal relationships with in-market Accounting teams and Finance Directors to ensure tax reporting in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Ability to manage processes with a high degree of autonomy and influence people within the company without formal authority.
- Demonstrates a team oriented approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication to facilitate relationships with peers and senior management.
- Ability to assess and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of the business needs of an international pharmaceutical company from a tax perspective.
- Opportunity to work within a professional and high performing team.
- Develop the ability to impact and influence within the company to deliver superior business results.
- Gain knowledge of transfer pricing issues in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Opportunity to add value by educating the organisation and key players on the value effective tax management brings to the company.
- Opportunity to be involved in tax technology developments and be involved in technology projects.
- Opportunity to gain international and country specific tax expertise.
- Opportunity to gain experience of working within a European team and in a shared services environment.
- salary package: competitive
- The closing date for applications is: 27th June 2018
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply HERE for this Job.
Bildquelle: Henrik G. Vogel / pixelio.de