The Olin Corporation – established in 1892 in North America – employs a workforce of 6.000 staff members in 25 countries and it is the world market leader in the chlorine-alkali industry, as well as with epoxy resins. Moreover it is one of the leading companies for chlorinated hydrocarbons, with a turnover of about 7 billion USD. You can find our products in many things of everyday life.
Our employees shape our future and our company success. We stand for diversity, integrity and fairness in dealing with each other. We offer interesting activities which are attractively remunerated and, furthermore, endowed with excellent social benefits.
Tax Manager (m/f)
based in either Terneuzen, Netherlands; Zug, Switzerland; Frankfurt area, Germany
As part of our international finance team, the Tax Manager will be responsible for income tax accounting, direct and indirect tax compliance for all Olin’s European regional entities, coordinate with various EMEAI tax authorities on tax audits/inquiries, and assistance with implementation of transfer pricing and tax planning projects. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversee a tax compliance outsourcing engagement with a global accounting firm to ensure all EMEAI tax filings are completed accurately and timely; and provide tax support in connection with a new ERP implementation.
This position is based in either Terneuzen, Netherlands; Zug, Switzerland; Schwalbach (Frankfurt area), Germany with reporting directly to the Regional Finance Director and indirectly to the Senior Manager, International Tax based in the U.S.
Occasional domestic and international travel is required.
Key responsibilities of the Tax Manager:
- Support the global tax team for accounting for income taxes under US GAAP, and the international controller in meeting local statutory requirements, including monthly tasks involving posting, approving and/or reconciling income and non-income tax journal entries and accounts.
- Manage, oversee and review the preparation of the local tax compliance for all EMEAI subsidiaries using external service providers, including income, value-added and withholding taxes.
- Properly evaluate requirements for local VAT and reclaim costs where applicable.
- Support and/or manage European tax audits where applicable.
- Actively work with the US tax team to monitor the business requirements relating to the global tax structure.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the transfer price policy and the quarterly financial reviews with accounting.
- Perform research of international tax issues as assigned; document tax implications and conclusions accordingly and communicate the tax issues to management.
- Support the development of tax strategy to support the company’s growth and business initiatives, including the implementation and maintenance of tax planning strategies.
- Analyzing tax issues arising from potential M&A activity and documenting the tax implications related to potential business activities.
- Perform required internal controls and take ownership of controls as needed.
- Assist with developing the tax requirements of a new ERP system.
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed.
- BA in accounting with focus on Tax. Tax certifications are a plus
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant tax and accounting experience
- Working knowledge of income tax accounting principles (knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting a plus).
- Knowledge of international income tax.
- Knowledge of VAT regimes in the EU and ability to advise on the applicability of VAT to non-tax personnel.
- Knowledge of transfer pricing rules that apply to cross-border transactions, including various benchmarking methods, documentation requirements and calculations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, competing-deadline driven environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and working knowledge of SAP.
- Relevant tax experience ideally comprised of a combination of public accounting and related industry experience.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, German will be considered as an asset
If you are interested in joining us, please apply online or send your complete application with cover letter, CV, references etc. to email@example.com
Bildquelle: Jan Tornack / pixelio.de