Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- Establishing and leading the Global Indirect Tax Organisation
- Lead global Indirect Tax compliance and risk management framework
- Minimize Indirect Tax cash flow impact and liabilities
- Ensure a good understanding and adherence of Indirect Tax principles, concepts and related processes throughout the whole organization
- Ensure alignment and effective business partnering with key stakeholders (e.g. Customs, finance etc.)
- Develop and lead the Indirect Tax strategies and concepts
- Leading the indirect tax managers across all regions and jurisdictions
- Manage VAT budget
- Define and lead the Indirect Tax strategy, compliance and risk framework globally
- Own the roll out of the strategic indirect tax agenda across the whole business from global, region, territories to local legal entity level
- Represent Group Tax function in indirect tax matters
- Lead the development and effective implementation of global Policies and Guidelines (e.g. GSMs) and provide timely functional guidance and advice on these matters
- Lead all indirect tax activities in relation to strategic projects and activities of the group such as M&A or M&I, procurement etc.
- Co-Lead on systems and process architecture to ensure full compliance of all Syngenta entities with local legislations, agreements with authorities and internal policies aligned to the target op-erating model
- Lead global compliance and risk management framework
- Defining and lead all activities to minimize Indirect Tax cash flow impact and liabilities for the group
- Lead and/or support all indirect tax audits and litigations & actively contribute to the build-ing/maintenance of strong and positive relationship with local tax authorities
- Build indirect tax team capability profile by region and legal entity
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- The position requires that the job holder has profund understanding of indirect tax and general tax principles and basic understanding of the OECD TP guidelines and customs regulations
- Qualified/experienced tax professional with afinity for finance. Good understanding of local GAAP and indirect tax accounting
- Ability to rapidly understand Syngenta’s processes and ways of working across the entire group
- Basic SAP knowledge
- Good understanding of customs and basic knowledge of Swiss VAT system
This concerns the type and minimum length of relevant experience required to effectively perform the role. This includes experience/familiarity with particular processes or systems, dealing with certain products or services, and/or the experience of dealing with others – both internally and externally.
- Indirect Tax: 15 years’ experience (including industry)
- Practical experience in analysis of indirect tax data:
- Experienced people manager with focus on subject experts
- Basic SAP knowledge
- Project management skills proven on multinational, long-term projects
For more Information and to apply online please click HERE.