Adapting to a changing environment – European Commission’s proposed VAT changes
On 1 December, the European Commission released its latest legislative proposals on the removal of VAT obstacles to e-commerce in the Single market. With the aim of establishing a level playing field between traditional business and e-commerce, the spot light will now be on the detail of the proposed measures and how they will impact businesses, both big and small.
In the light of this, I am delighted to invite you to our next 30 minute global webcast on 15 December 2016 15:00 CET.
Please join Stephen Dale, Partner and ITX Country Leader at PwC Société D’Avocats in France and Johnathan Davies, Director at PwC in the UK, two leading experts in this area, who will brief you on the following:
- The Commission’s proposed measures including:
- Extending the current One Stop Shop concept to all cross-border e-commerce, including distance sales
- Introducing common EU-wide simplification measures to help small start-up e-commerce businesses,
- Stream lining audits in this sector (home country audits), and
- Removing the VAT exemption for the importation of small consignments from suppliers in third countries
- Possible alignment of the VAT rates (reduced) on e-books and printed books
- The potential impact of these measures on business
- How these measures link with wider global developments in Indirect Tax.
There will be time for questions and answers with your speakers and we look forward to you joining us.
To Access the Webcast (Via PC or Mobile Device):
- Click on the following link to open the webcast: https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1127777
- Complete the required registration fields and select “Submit”. The webcast will open to enable you to view the presentation.
Audio for this webcast will be heard through your computer speakers. If you have problems hearing audio, please post a question in the Q&A box to alert the presenters.
A recorded version of the webinar will be available afterwards on the same link.
I do hope that you can join us!